Hardwood Flooring Installation
Trust Mans Lumber & Millwork for Premium Hardwood Flooring Installation
When searching for the right flooring, come to Mans first for the best selections, styles, and samples. Our experienced staff helps narrow down all the choices and helps with selections based on what you have in mind for design, quality, and budget. We help make sense of “kicking in” carpet or using a “power stretcher” for a tighter fit. If new flooring isn’t in the budget, we can also help with refinishing hardwood flooring. You can count on Mans to stand behind every service and follow up on any concerns. We provide FREE in-home estimates and financing is available.
It’s your choice!
We simply help you consider the details! Carpet-Hardwood-Vinyl-Ceramic-Laminate and a variety of environmentally-friendly products to consider. We also carry fireplace marble surrounds and molding and trim options. We will ask and explain! What kind of padding? Do you want sculpted, distressed, wire-brushed woods? Call Now!
SOME OTHER IDEAS BEFORE YOU START
Sketch Your Room(s)
- Sketch the width and length dimensions for the room(s) and add the measurements. (It may help in irregular shaped rooms to break the room sketch down into smaller rectangular areas.)
- Be sure to include doorways, windows, closets, stairs, fireplaces, fixed cabinets, irregular features, heat sources, and lighting (placement & type).
- If replacing existing flooring, look at your floors and note on your plan any noticeable traffic patterns.
Ideas & Reminder List
- Along with your room sketch, list your ideas for the room.
- Also, list anything that is important to remember, such as a reminder to take fabrics from the room or a pillow from a couch when going shopping for flooring.
- Include your favorite colors, proposed room palette (wallpaper, paint, etc.) fabric style and color, new furniture, special pieces, and window treatments.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING FLOORING
- Offers the broadest color and style combinations as well as visual and actual textures.
- Soft and warm underfoot, carpet can go over most any surface.
- Styles and grades for every pocketbook.
- Available as solid (for use at or above grade) and engineered (can go anywhere in the home).
- Traditional styles and exotics.
- Natural, stained, prefinished, or site finished.
- Remember, wood has a color too!
- The newest flooring type.
- Low-maintenance and high-wear characteristics.
- Rapidly-expanding selection of wood, stone, and ceramic patterns.
- Custom installations now possible.
- Impact, dent, wear and fade resistant.
- New sound, step and noise protection.
- Unlimited colors and shapes.
- Unlimited potential for custom installations.
- Exceedingly durable.
- Graded for use.
- Styles to include natural stone.
- Porcelain can go indoors or out.
- The return of what used to be called vinyl is based largely on superior designs, textures, high-fashion looks, and durability.
- Capable of installation over many existing surfaces.
- “Forgiving” on uneven floors.
- The cushion is specifically designed to maximize and extend your carpet’s plush feel and high performance.
- Cushion helps your carpet feel richer and more luxurious.
- It also improves your carpet’s acoustical and insulating properties making the room quieter and warmer.
Contact Us for More Information
Carpet flooring provides actual thermal resistance, or R-value. In colder climates or seasons, it retains warm air longer, an energy conservation benefit. Carpet also provides a comfortable place to sit, play or work and gives a room an overall warmer feeling. You can choose from many thousands of carpet styles and colors. That means your ultimate choice will reflect how you want to personalize your living space. Carpet can be a neutral foundation, or it can be a focal point with vibrant colors and stronger bolder patterns and textures. New carpet is the lowest VOC-emitting flooring choice available. It actually acts as a passive air filter, trapping dust, pollen and other particles and removing them from the breathing zone. Studies have shown that people with asthma and allergy problems have seen symptoms improve with carpet. Carpet is ideal for cushioning our footsteps, reducing slips and falls and minimizing injuries when falls do occur. Carpet provides safety protection for the whole family, but especially for toddlers and older individuals. Big screen TVs, speaker phones, computers and modern sound systems make our homes noisy places. Carpet helps absorb these sounds. Adding a cushion pad beneath your carpet reduces noise even further. Carpet also works as a sound barrier between floors by helping to block sound transmission to rooms below. And carpet on stairs helps mask the sound of constant foot traffic.
Vinyl flooring is a great flooring option that fits every décor and budget. Vinyl floors are an affordable option that offers style, durability, and long-lasting performance. When installed correctly over the proper subflooring, vinyl is extremely resistant to dents, scratches, and stains. Thanks to great advancements in styling and technology, today’s vinyl flooring offer a variety of colors and patterns at great affordability. Vinyl is a long-time favorite for its ability to resist staining and for its ease of care.
For thousands of years, discerning builders have chosen tile floor for their projects due to its many benefits. When you begin to factor in how environmentally-friendly ceramic and porcelain tile products are, you’ll see that tile is the obvious choice when building green. Ceramic and porcelain flooring tiles are some of the longest lasting flooring products on the market today. Unlike carpet, vinyl, or laminate flooring which have to be replaced periodically, properly installed tile will last a lifetime. Indoor air quality is a hot topic and for good reason. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) contribute to a wide variety of health problems and are a significant cause of “sick building syndrome.” Since tile is fired in kilns to extremely high temperatures, there are no volatile organics in the finished product that can be released into the air we breathe; literally “zero.” In addition, there are adhesives and grouts available that contain zero, or very low VOCs. Some carpet, vinyl, and wood flooring contain low VOCs, but none can compare to zero. Tile factories today are “closed loop,” reusing water and materials. They send only negligible amounts of scrap to landfills and waste water to treatment facilities. With tile manufacturers located in every region of the United States, tile and installation products made with local raw materials are widely available, unlike some other flooring tiles choices whose manufacturers must ship their product thousands of miles to reach you. This regional availability reduces the amount of energy consumption and air emissions associated with shipping these products from the factory to your project site. Tile flooring is inhospitable to dust mites, mold, germs, and bacteria and often used to replace carpet for people with allergies or asthma. Ceramic tile is easily cleaned, often only with warm water, eliminating the need for chemicals and cleaners needed to maintain other types of floors.
Hardwood floors provide warmth and beauty, great style and durability, easy care and cleaning, and added value to your kitchen floors and home. There are a number of benefits that hardwood flooring can offer your home. Thanks to durable finishes that are easy to repair, wood floors can last for a hundred years or more. There are very few flooring materials that have been around as long as wood. Over the centuries, it has shown itself to be a lovely and durable floor choice. Other newer materials have yet to prove themselves. Not only is hardwood pleasant to walk on, but it is naturally warm. Wood is an excellent insulator, thanks to its thousands of tiny air chambers per cubic inch, which hold in heat. Hardwood flooring is also an excellent choice for anyone with any kind of environmental allergies. Hardwood floors tend to be very low maintenance, a little sweeping and mopping, and your hardwood floors will keep looking nice for a long time to come. Another perk is that a scratch here or a gouge there really just adds character to wood floors. Unless you’re going to be living in the same house for the rest of your life, you should think about how the flooring choices you make today will affect the price you can get for your home when you sell it. When you begin to see what is available in today’s marketplace for quality hardwood flooring, you’ll be amazed at the incredible choices in colors, wood grains, board widths, and different types of wood. One of the best features of choosing the wood floors that appeal most to you and your family is the uniqueness of your choice.